Mobile Apps to Help You with Your Move – Flatrate Moving
Cross country moving can be one of the most exciting adventures of your life. However, this does not mean it is going to be completely stress-free. Even if you hire cross country movers, you still have a ton of other tasks to take care of. Just being on the road and knowing that your belongings are in the hands of someone else can be overwhelming. Fortunately, there are a lot of apps that help simplify the moving process. Below are a few popular favorites.
- Moving Day – There are a lot of newer apps available, but old, reliable Moving Day still manages to maintain its popularity in the move-inspired apps category. It features built-in barcode scanning, as well as label making for the most organized inventory possible. You do not need an Internet connection to use it either. It lets you identify what contents are missing or damaged, and it makes filing insurance claims a lot easier.
- My Move – Chances are good you have already picked out your cross country movers. Using an app like this probably isn’t the most reliable option for making such an important decision, but it does have a lot of thoughtful features that will help with the rest of the process. It has some fantastic weekly checklists to keep you on track, as well as moving tips you may find helpful. It also lets you add notes. You know all those confirmation codes you get when transferring utilities? You can keep them all in your My Move app instead of on a bunch of scrap pieces of paper that there is zero chance of you finding later when you need them.
- Move Planner – Well worth the few dollars you will spend for it. It is colorful, interactive, brilliantly laid out, and easy-to-use. It features more than 100 tasks pre-programed, and it lets you customize your own moving list. If you are moving a company, you can sort tasks into lists and delegate them to different employees to get done.
- Moving Guru – Available for BlackBerry and iPhone, Moving Guru guides your entire move from start to finish. Your task list starts eight weeks prior and you can move uncompleted tasks on your list to the next week to make sure they get taken care of. It also features helpful packing tips and how-to videos. Sometimes, watching a video offers a little more clarity than reading instructions.
- Bubble Level – This application has absolutely nothing to do with the moving process, but it is so cool and helpful that it absolutely deserves a place on this list. When you get into your new place and start decorating, you will no longer have to rely on the eyeball method for mounting things on the wall. Bubble Level lets you turn your phone into a helpful level. It does not require Internet either, so you don’t have to worry about using your plan’s data, if your Internet isn’t hooked up yet. This is an app anyone can find helpful, whether they are moving, or not!