When planning a move, finding the right moving company is a very important task. With the myriad of options online, finding one that both provides a professional team and service is a task in itself. There are a few things to look for when navigating through these companies. Here are four things we recommend highlighting when comparing moving companies:
Word of Mouth:
Nearly everyone knows someone in their life that has moved, either recently or years ago. These people in your lives can be a good first source to look to when looking for recommendations on moving companies. Here are some other places you may find advice:
- Building Managers: Oftentimes if you are moving into an apartment, building managers can be a good resource to use. Because they have people moving in all times of the year they will probably have a good list that you can check out!
- Extended family: Family members are often some of the most trusted people in our lives. Make sure to find out if anyone in your family has moved recently so you can see how they did their move.
- Co-Workers: If you work in a large company, oftentimes you can find someone that has recently moved easily!
By using trusted references that have had first hand experience moving, you will be able to get good suggestions to help you in choosing your moving company.
In most cases, a company’s online appearance is often a good way to analyze company legitimacy . When considering the professionalism of a company make sure to look at these items:
- Company Website: You can start by looking for a professional website that is well-organized. It should also provide comprehensive information and resources to help you understand the company. A moving company that exhibits this trait cares about keeping its customers informed, which is a good sign.
- Online Reviews: This can be a good place to research other customers’ experiences with a company. However, you should exercise caution as user reviews can be exaggerated, and most people only upload reviews for extreme situations.
Additionally you can check their license on the DOT site. By taking these three factors into account, you will be able to differentiate professional companies from those that are not as trustworthy.
It’s important to remember that the cheapest option may not always be the best choice. Arguably the most important aspect when choosing what moving company to use is the price that they quote you, as well as what services are included in this price. Here are some things to look at when considering a company’s pricing:
- Hidden Fees: FlatRate Moving offers an upfront guaranteed price so that you know how much you will need to pay upfront. This cuts out hidden costs that some moving companies can try to capitalize upon. Extra fees like material costs.
- Surprisingly Low Prices: It is important to avoid prices that are too good to be true. These can often be poor services, or surprise you after the move with a lot of hidden fees added to the price you thought you’d be paying.
- Services Included: Ensuring that you can see what is included in the price you are paying is also important. Here at FlatRate Moving, we offer an all inclusive move for one guaranteed price.
Make sure that you are able to get a professional service, while also receiving a reasonable price for the services you are being provided.
The final area we suggest you look for when reviewing moving companies is the safety the company provides. It is important that movers prioritize the safety of your belongings.
- Training: One way you can tell if a company is reliable is by finding out if they professionally train movers. Proper training ensures that your items will be well-cared for.
- Moving Plan: If your company creates a moving plan to make your move as seamless as possible.
- Licensed/Insurance: Furthermore, if the company holds a professional license to perform moving tasks, you can rest assured that they will handle your belongings safely during the move. Some companies also offer an added level of protection to your move, as FlatRate does with corner and floor insurance.
A reputable moving company prioritizes the safety of your items and devises a plan to transport them carefully and securely. Look for a company that provides training to its movers and has proper licensing and insurance.
Moving can be a stressful but exciting experience, and finding the right moving company can alleviate some of that stress. By considering the factors mentioned above, you will choose the right moving company for your needs. With these factors in mind, you can find a reliable and professional moving company to make your move a success. Luckily for you, FlatRate Moving offers support in figuring out if we can assist you in the moving process. Visit https://flatrate.com/ to view our services, reviews, and get a free quote today!